Alcohol & Drug Treatment Services
Alcohol & Drug Treatment Providers
Please call the provider to determine the locations of their programs and their service area.
The TN Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Office of Licensure maintains a public database of licensed facilities. Click here or on the link below to check the status of a license:
Suggested questions to ask treatment providers:
- What should we expect from treatment?
- How long is the treatment program?
- What treatment options are available?
- Is your program licensed and accredited?
- Is your program inpatient or outpatient?
- Do you treat multiple disorders (such as addiction and mental health)?
- Do you have medical doctors on staff?
- How quickly could treatment begin?
- How do you involve family during and after treatment?
- Is there follow-up after the initial treatment ends?
The first step in receiving services is to contact the treatment provider and arrange for a client screening. The provider will arrange for a clinical assessment to determine the severity of the problems and the appropriate level of care. Following the assessment, based upon capacity to serve the individual, the provider will arrange for admission to their program or refer the individual to an appropriate provider.
Search by Treatment Service:
- All Providers
- Inpatient Detox
- Inpatient Residential
- Sober Living and Transitional Housing
Recovery Support Services
What are Recovery Support Services?
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) describes recovery as a “process of change through which people improve their health and wellness, live self-directed lives, and strive to reach their full potential.”
Support groups including 12 step programs help individuals sustain recovery. Participation in these groups and meetings is free. Click the links below to find local meetings.